- Taste: Alder-smoked, slightly salty and sweet, distinctive salmon flavor
- Texture: medium flake size, tender, succulent and meaty
- Origin: North Pacific (Alaska)
- Catch Method: Line-caught (Troll), Seine
- Sustainability Rating: (Best Choice – Alaska, line-caught, limited drift gillnet, purse seine / Good Alternative – Washington and Oregon) - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: as-is, cream cheese and crackers, pasta, chowder, etc.
- Pack Size: by the pound
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/2 pound) Calories 260, Fat 5g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 1550mg, Carbohydrates 0g, Fiber, 0g, Sugars 3g, Protein 40g, Calcium 23mg, Iron 1.5mg, Potassium 405mg, Vitamin A 115mcg, Vitamin D 24mcg, Omega 3's 2050mg.
Our Alder-Smoked Wild Coho salmon is custom smoked for us at a facility here in Seattle. We allocate just-the-right Wild Alaskan Coho salmon fillets to be portioned and then shipped to our smoker multiple times per week. The fish will be brined with salt and brown sugar, dried with moving air in a special cooler, and then hot smoked with Alder at low temperatures and for many hours. Coho have a medium oil content and its mild flavor is nicely balanced with the sweet flavor of the Alder smoke. The flavor of the Coho is pleasantly smoky, mild, and rich; the texture has a medium flake size, is moist, tender, and decadent.