- Taste: Alder-smoked, slightly salty and sweet, distinctive salmon flavor
- Texture: medium flake size, tender, succulent and meaty
- Size: 4oz portions
- Origin: North Pacific (Alaska)
- Catch Method: Line-caught (Troll), Seine
- Sustainability Rating: (Best Choice – Alaska, line-caught, limited drift gillnet, purse seine / Good Alternative – Washington and Oregon) - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: as-is, cream cheese and crackers, pasta, chowder, etc.
- Pack Size: by the pound
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/2 pound) Calories 260, Fat 5g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 1550mg, Carbohydrates 0g, Fiber, 0g, Sugars 3g, Protein 40g, Calcium 23mg, Iron 1.5mg, Potassium 405mg, Vitamin A 115mcg, Vitamin D 24mcg, Omega 3's 2050mg.
Our Alder-Smoked Wild Sockeye salmon is custom smoked for us at a facility here in Seattle. We allocate just-the-right Wild Alaskan Sockeye salmon fillets to be portioned and then shipped to our smoker multiple times per week. The fish will be brined with salt and brown sugar, dried with moving air in a special cooler, and then hot smoked with Alder at low temperatures and for many hours. Sockeye have a medium oil content and the distinctive salmon flavor of the Sockeye is nicely balanced with the level of smokiness; and, the Smoked Sockeye is different from the Smoked King because the King is much richer and oilier. The flavor is pleasantly smoky, distinctively salmon-like, and rich; the texture has a medium flake size, is moist, tender, and decadent.