- Smoke Method: brined, dried, hot-smoked
- Taste: lightly smoky, slightly salty and sweet, buttery and rich
- Texture: medium flake size, moist, tender, meaty
- Origin: North Pacific (Alaska)
- Catch Method: Line-caught (Troll), Drift Gill Net, Purse Seine
- Sustainability Rating: (Best Choice – Alaska, drift gillnet, purse seine, troll caught / Good Alternative – Washington and Oregon) - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: as-is, cream cheese and crackers, pasta, etc.
- Pack Size: by the pound
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/2 pound) Calories 375, Fat 15g, Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 1500mg, Carbohydrates 3g, Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g, Protein 55g, Calcium 15mg, Iron 1.4mg, Potassium 1150mg, Vitamin A 1005 IU, Vitamin C 0mg, Omega 3's 2650mg
Our Hot-Smoked Wild King salmon is custom smoked for us at a facility here in Seattle. We allocate a variety of Wild King salmon fillets (AK, WA, OR) to be portioned and then shipped to our smoker twice a week. The fish will be brined with salt and brown sugar, dried with moving air in a special cooler, and then hot smoked with Alder at low temperatures and for many hours. The high oil content of the King salmon allows the fish to remain moist and the flavor to remain balanced and not overpowered by the smoke. The flavor is pleasantly smoky, buttery, and rich; the texture has a medium flake size, is moist, tender, and decadent. There are a lot of different types of Smoked salmon out there, but nothing compares to a Hot-Smoked Wild King salmon when it comes to flavor and texture.