- Product Form Upon Delivery: raw, cleaned
- Size: Large
Species: Doryteuthis (Amerigo) pealeii - squid, longfin inshore squid
- Temperature History: IQF, once-frozen, thawed at 38 F at our facility at the Port of Seattle
- Taste: mild and sweet
- Texture: firm
- Origin: USA - from Maine to North Carolina
- Catch Method: Purse Seine
- Availability: year-round
- Sustainability Rating: Best Choice - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: sauté, fry, boil, soups, grill
- Pack Size: by the pound
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/4 pound) Calories 267, Fat 20g, Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 513mg, Carbohydrates 4g, Fiber, 0g, Sugars 0g, Protein 19g, Calcium 82mg, Iron 1.5mg, Vitamin A 2mcg, Omega 3's < 30mg
The wild waters of the North Atlantic are nutrient rich and prolific, and squid populations are at healthy levels. These very sustainable, highly nutritious, low-fat, high-protein, and wild cephalopods are sweet, mild, and ocean-fresh in flavor. The texture is tender when marinated and cooked hot and fast, and very firm when grilled.
*Squid Steaks are cut from the mantle of large squid into thin discs and then tenderized.