- Temperature History: preserved fresh, never frozen
- Delivery Presentation: 1/2 leg and claw meat and 1/2 body meat
- Taste: slightly sweet, nutty, rich, and succulent
- Texture: tender, moist, delicate
- Origin: Alaska
- Catch Method: trap, wild-caught
- Seasonality: Fall, Winter, Spring
- Sustainability Rating: Good Alternative - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: crab cakes, salads, appetizers, pasta, more..
- Pack Size: by the pound
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/2 pound) Calories 197, Fat 3g, Cholesterol 173mg, Sodium 778mg, Carbohydrates 0g, Fiber, 0g, Sugars 0g, Protein 44g, Calcium 133mg, Iron 1mg, Potassium 924mg, Vitamin A 25mcg, Vitamin D 36 UI, Omega 3's ~150mg
Dungeness Crab are harvested from Oregon to Alaska, but the crab from Alaska are always bigger and more full of the cherished, sweet succulent white meat than the crab down South. It is cooked whole while still live to encapsulate the best texture and flavor; and then the meat is immediately removed from the shell and packed in ice. We receive and ship out Fresh Dungeness crab meat daily.