- Product Form Upon Delivery: cured and jarred
- Size: 1 Ounce ea. jar = Qty. 1
- Species: Polyodon spathula, American Paddlefish
- Temperature History: held at 33 degrees
- Taste: rich, nutty, buttery, earthy light brine and fish flavor on the finish
- Texture: distinctive pops of earthy and buttery brine
- Origin: USA
- Catch Method: aquaculture
- Availability: year-round
- Sustainability Rating: Best Choice - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: Lemon wedges, sour cream, crème fraiche, hard-boiled egg with yolks and whites chopped separately, and minced onion are the common accompaniments. The caviar jar should be sunken in ice when presented in order to retain its temperature. Crackers or a blini are good options for mild-tasting delivery devices for the caviar from plate to mouth.
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/8 ounce) Calories 3.6, Fat .75g, Cholesterol 6mg, Sodium 47.2mg, Carbohydrates 0g, Fiber, 0g, Sugars 0g, Protein 1g, Calcium 0mg, Iron 0mg, Vitamin A 0mcg, Omega 3's < 30mg
American paddlefish caviar is, by far, the best value for any Caviar on the market factoring in its exquisite buttery and earthy taste and its delicate textural pops of roe.