- Taste: Alder-smoked, Hickory-smoked, slightly salty and sweet, distinctive salmon flavor
- Texture: medium flake size, tender, succulent and meaty
- Pack Size: 16 oz. vacuum-packed
- Origin: North Pacific (Alaska), Bristol Bay
- Catch Method: Line-caught (Troll), Seine
- Sustainability Rating: (Best Choice – Alaska, line-caught, limited drift gillnet, purse seine / Good Alternative – Washington and Oregon) - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: as-is, cream cheese and crackers, pasta, chowder, etc.
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/2 pound) Calories 260, Fat 5g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 1550mg, Carbohydrates 0g, Fiber, 0g, Sugars 3g, Protein 40g, Calcium 23mg, Iron 1.5mg, Potassium 405mg, Vitamin A 115mcg, Vitamin D 24mcg, Omega 3's 2050mg.
Our Alder and Hickory-Smoked Wild Sockeye Salmon Strips are smoked here at our facility in Seattle. We allocate just-the-right Wild Alaskan Sockeye salmon fillets to be portioned, brined, dried, smoked, and vac-pac'd. Sockeye have a medium oil content and the distinctive salmon flavor of the Sockeye is nicely balanced with the level of smokiness that we apply; the flavor is pleasantly smoky, distinctively salmon-like, and rich; the texture is semi jerky-like.