- Taste: lightly smoky, slightly salty and sweet, buttery and rich
- Texture: medium flake size, moist, tender, meaty
- Origin: North Pacific (Alaska), Copper River mouth
- Catch Method: Drift Gill Net, Purse Seine
- Sustainability Rating: (Good Alternative – Alaska, Copper River, drift gillnet, purse seine- Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: as-is, cream cheese and crackers, pasta, chowder, etc.
- Pack Size: by the pound
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/2 pound) Calories 350, Fat 15g, Cholesterol 72mg, Sodium 1500mg, Carbohydrates 3g, Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g, Protein 53g, Calcium 14mg, Iron 1.5mg, Potassium 1100mg, Vitamin A 1002 IU, Vitamin C 0mg, Omega 3's 2700mg
Our Hot-Smoked Copper River King salmon is custom smoked for us at a facility here in Seattle. We purchase Copper River Kings and have then shipped to our smoker twice a week. The fish will be brined with salt and brown sugar, dried with moving air in a special cooler, and then hot smoked with Alder at low temperatures and for many hours. The high oil content of the Copper King salmon allows the fish to remain moist and the flavor to remain balanced and not overpowered by the smoke. The flavor is pleasantly smoky, buttery, and rich; the texture has a medium flake size, is moist, tender, and decadent. There are a lot of different types of Smoked salmon out there, but nothing compares to the Hot-Smoked Wild Copper River King Salmon that we sell here.