- Smoke Method: brined, dried, hot-smoked
- Taste: smoky, slightly salty and sweet, buttery and rich
- Texture: medium flake size, moist, tender, meaty
- Origin: WA, OR, ID
- Catch Method: sustainably raised
- Sustainability Rating: (Best Choice – sustainably farmed - Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Recommended Preparation: as-is, cream cheese and crackers, pasta, etc.
- Pack Size: by the pound
- Nutritional Info (serving size 1/2 pound) Calories 360, Fat 14g, Cholesterol 77mg, Sodium 1300mg, Carbohydrates 2g, Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g, Protein 50g, Calcium 10mg, Iron 1.9mg, Potassium 900mg, Vitamin A 1000 IU, Vitamin C 0mg, Omega 3's 2500mg
Big Alaska Seafood produces small batches of Smoked Steelhead Nugs by following the traditional Native American smoking process. The Alder and Cherry smoke, combined with the savory-rich flavor and fatty nature of the steelhead, produces a buttery, moist, rich, slightly sweet, and well-balanced piece of smoked fish.
The Steelhead is simply a migratory ocean-run Rainbow trout. It is endangered in the wild, so we source sustainable, USA, fresh product and the quality is ultra-premium.